Many engagements have recently taken place and there are couples currently looking in droves to book their wedding venues. During this time, we wanted to offer some important advice about the benefits of hiring your own Wedding Planner versus being swayed into believing that the coordinator provided at the venue will provide the same assistance for you.
While not all venues are the same and they vary from place to place in terms of the experience and service level of their coordinators, we have compiled the following list of what many Venue Coordinators DO NOT do for you. We hope this is helpful as you are navigating through the beginning stages of planning and trying to make the decision about whether hiring your own Wedding Planner is the right fit for you.
What your venue does NOT do for you as your “Wedding Planner”*
- • Create a decor plan from your vision and provide creative direction
- • Review Pinterest photos with you and design your ceremony and reception based on your visual interest
- • Help you create and manage your overall wedding budget
- • Handle negotiations and contracting with vendors- most venues just provide a list of recommended vendors and let you do the rest
- • Accompany you to your offsite vendor meetings to convey your vision and provide direction
- • Provide consistent vendor management through the entire planning
- • Handle transportation contracting and management
- • Contract and manage hotel blocks (if not a hotel venue and using their own sleeping rooms)
- • Stationery materials- save the dates, invitations, ceremony programs, etc.
- • Be your advocate for all aspects of planning without bias
- • Review all vendor contracts
- • Manage your planning timelines, keep you on track and on task with planning deadlines
- • Manage vendor payments
- • Plan anything pertaining to your ceremony if it is not at their venue
- • Create order and structure of wedding ceremony
- • Direct ceremony rehearsal
- • Provide one on one attention and attendance during entire wedding set up
- • Do anything with you that takes place offsite of their property
*This list does not reference any one particular venue or venue coordinator. It is an generalized list based on a variety of event venues.